Saturday, Feb 8, 2012
Modifications to the web page
- Reinstated this news page.
- Added some aerial views to a new Bagnall Bricks page - mouse-over to see annotation.
- Added a postcard of the Drury Lane Library to the front page and to the Drury Lane Library page.
- Improved the look and functionality of the main menu.
- Added Mount Clay and Wind Hill annotation to Time Machine. Improved structure, graphics and general look of that page.
- Added a new photograph of Ronald, Arthur, Isabel and Marion Bagnall
- Added a new page for Ronald & Norah Bagnall
- Added some stock images of foundries to Wiliam Bagnall Senior's page
Tuesday, May 24, 2005
Alverthorpe Working Mens Club
Had a call from the Mayors office in Wakefield. Mr Jubb told me that he'd tracked down two mallets presented by Messrs Bagnall Bros to the Mayor. One, made from ebony was presented (I think) at the laying of a foundation stone for Alverthorpe Working Mens club. A building I didn't know they had built. The inscription reads G & H Bagnall which would indicate that Messrs Bagnall Brothers were George and Harry Bagnall. The other mallet is made from ivory and is unfortnately damaged, but I assume it may be from the Drury Lane Library.
I may find out more when I visit Wakefield for further research (and to see the mallets) later this year.
I'm also hoping to meet up with Patrick Bagnall who has helped so much with information.
Monday, May 16, 2005
- Wrote census pages for 1841, 1851, 1861, 1871, 1881, 1891 and 1901. Some census data still need to be added once I have it.
- New St John's Church, Wakefield Places page.
- New additions to the Family tree and more to add soon.